What are Sharps?
- Needles and Syringes
- Lancets (Mainly used for Diabetes Testing)
- Other Self-Injection devices with sharp ends (such as EpiPens)
What Should Residents Do?
- Make sure the sharps are kept in a closed sharps container or other similar plastic or metal puncture-resistant container with tight-fitting lid.
- See if your health care provider, hospital or pharmacy has a Take-Back program.
- Take your sharps to an approved drop-off collection site or household hazardous waste facility. For City of Franklin residents, when container is 3/4 full, Tape Closed, Label "Sharps," and drop containers off at 417 Century Ct. Hours are from 7am till 3:30pm Monday through Friday.