Please take this survey and tell us what your vision is for the Harpeth Riverfront: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Harpeth-Riverfront
How can I get involved?
Two open houses will be held on Monday, February 27 from 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. and from 4:30 p.m.- 7:00 p.m. in the hallway of City Hall.
Where is the study area?
The City and Barge, Waggoner, Sumner and Cannon, Inc. (BWSC) are undertaking a study to understand the challenges, opportunities, and perspectives associated with potential development along the Harpeth River in Downtown Franklin. The project area will include land along both sides of the Harpeth River from Pinkerton Park to Bicentennial Park.
What is the purpose of this study?
There are three main objectives:
- To identify areas within the floodplain that may be appropriate for development based on a review of the existing flood modeling and limited conceptual analysis.
- To understand and assemble the perspectives of key stakeholders and the general public regarding:
- The community vision for the conceptual types of amenities and other improvements desired for a Riverwalk along the Harpeth River in the project area;
- Perspectives regarding allowing, encouraging, or discouraging limited development on parcels that include property within the floodplain in the project area, and why; and
- Perspectives on appropriate types of development and land uses within the project area, and how those uses can be balanced and coordinated with a conceptual Riverwalk.
- In consideration of potential flooding issues and stakeholder input, provide general recommendations on land use and preferred level of potential development within the project area.
For more information, please contact Annette Whitehurst at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615.550.6743.