The Latest Information:
A special mobile BOMA meeting has been scheduled for Saturday, August 5, departing from city hall at 8 am and returning to city hall by noon. This item on the the agenda for discussion at the August 8 regular BOMA work session.
The City has received letters from three different entities. See the information related to the proposals below:
Where is the City-owned property?
The City of Franklin is seeking Letters of Interest for improvement and/or development of a 54-acre, City-owned Property located along the Harpeth River south of Mack Hatcher Parkway and west of Franklin Road. The City will maintain ownership of the property, but is considering the possibility of a long-term lease with a third party for improvements and operations. Much of the Property is located within the 100-year floodplain of the Harpeth River and Spencer Creek. See Figure A.
What is the purpose of this invitation?
The purpose of this invitation to submit Letters of Interest is to:
- Assist the City in analyzing opportunities available for future improvement and/or development of this Property;
- Enable all interested parties an opportunity to submit Letters of Interest; and
- Allow for public input on all Letters of Interest received.
What are the submittal requirements of a Letter of Interest?
The Letter of Interest is a non-binding document that should be prepared in letter format using brief narrative form. Information should include the following:
- Contact information of the interested applicant.
- Brief description of intent of improvements and/or development, including potential land uses, architectural character, and other general information.
- Qualifications of the applicant to achieve the intent of the improvements and/or development.
- Any additional information, photos, and/or drawings the applicant considers pertinent for consideration of the Letter of Interest.
- Acknowledgement that any improvement or development would be required to meet all city standards, including the Zoning Ordinance, International Building Code, Stormwater Ordinance, Subdivision Regulations, and all floodplain requirements and construction standards.
- Provisions for a connector road shall be included for the purpose of providing an additional public access between the Franklin High School property and Spencer Creek Drive. It is anticipated the Williamson County School District would fund this improvement if approved.
What is the timetable?
The City has the following tentative schedule with regard to Letters of Interest:
- Invitation for Letters of Interest Issued: January 12, 2017.
- Letters of Interest responses due on February 10, 2017 by 5:00 PM.
- Board of Mayor and Aldermen Work Session evaluation and review: Revised: March 14, 2017
How will evaluation and selection work?
Applicants will be offered the opportunity to discuss their Letter of Interest in person with the Board of Mayor and Aldermen at the Work Session.
After review, the City may take action, in its discretion, with regard to moving forward with the improvement and/or development of the property, or it may elect to take no action. The City reserves the right to reject any and all proposals; cancel, revise, or extend this solicitation; or request additional information on any response beyond that requested by this Notice.
How do I submit a Letter of Interest?
Please submit 1 electronic copy (pdf) to the City of Franklin at email@example.com.