- Mar 23 #ThankYouNoteThursday: A nice note to @FranklinFire from the amazing folks at BrightStone! They included a wonderfu… https://t.co/B3Yci6Ywpz
- Mar 22 Got trees? An overview of an important service the Urban Forestry Division provides. Next week the tree crew will b… https://t.co/sk6MkowHVc
- Mar 22 #WaterWednesday: For more water conservation tips and info -- click on the following link: https://t.co/aDh95naavK https://t.co/rZQCtZ1ae8
- Mar 21 #TrashTalkingTuesday: For more info on the do's and don'ts regarding trash collection go here:… https://t.co/Qvk3f4VH1n
- Mar 21 Rain downtown https://t.co/ITSSTbXewi
- Mar 21 Keep an eye on the sky this afternoon/evening. There is a possibility of strong storms in our area. Stay tuned to l… https://t.co/MQ59FNsRx5
Man charged after meeting at hotel for sex with teen
Chief: ‘These crimes unconscionable, will not be tolerated in Franklin’
During a reverse prostitution sting today, Franklin Police Vice Detectives and Flex Officers arrested a Fairview man after he showed up at a Franklin hotel to have sex with a 16-year-old girl. Utilizing social media, 28-year-old Shawn Buford of Fairview, to his surprise, contacted undercover officers and arranged to come to the hotel to pay for sex with the ‘girl.’ Buford showed up at the undisclosed Franklin hotel where he was, instead, arrested by waiting officers.
Charged with the Class-B Felony of Patronizing Prostitution with a Minor and Solicitation of a Minor, a Class-E Felony, Buford is being held in the Williamson County Jail on the $225,000 bond set by the Magistrate. He is due in court on March 23.
“Criminals who prey or attempt to prey on our community’s children will be aggressively pursued, arrested, and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law,” said Chief Deborah Faulkner. “These crimes are unconscionable and will not be tolerated in Franklin.”
# # #